Herculite XRV Ultra and OptiBond XTR
1, 2,3. Pre-operative views. Note the presence of large and faulty fillings and the lack of harmony between the substrate and the restorations.
4, 5. Placement of Kerr OptiDam rubber dam; anterior and occlusal views.
6. Removal of old restorations and secondary caries on teeth 12 and 22.
7 – Application of OptiBond XTR Premier and Bonding on the surface in two different steps. Then stratification of the Kerr Herculite XRV Ultra dentine on tooth 22.
8. Stratification of Kerr Herculite XRV Ultra enamel (Enamel A2) on tooth 22.
9. Polymerization of the composite using an LED Kerr Demi Ultra curing light.
10. Polymerization of the composite using an LED Kerr Demi Ultra curing light with applications of glycerin-based gel, in order to avoid the oxygen inhibited layer.
11. Removal of the old restorations for teeth 11 and 21, as well as a vestibular layer of tooth structure to allow proper stratification of the composite.
12. Removal of the old restorations for teeth 11 and 21, as well as a vestibular layer of tooth structure to allow proper stratification of the composite.
13. After bonding with the Kerr OptiBond XTR system, stratification of the Kerr Herculite XRV Ultra dentine mass (Dentine A2) at 11 and 21 was performed.
14, 15. Stratification of the Kerr Herculite XRV Ultra using enamel A2. Note that the handling features of Herculite Ultra composite allows the layering of a large mass of composite to restore the shape of tooth in a single step
16. Surface finishing and shaping, using diamond burs (40,15 micron) and macro texture performed with carbide burs. Finishing with Kerr Opti1Step polisher (Dia1Step in Italy, distributed by Ravelli S.p.a.).
17. Finishing with Kerr OptiDisc Extra-Fine 10-μm.
18. Polishing using a Kerr Occlubrush.
19, 20. Final aesthetic result. The patient shows a completely renewed, natural and harmonious smile. The procedure was performed in 2 hours in a single appointment, with reduced biological trauma and economic expense.
Other photo galleries you may be interested in:
October 1, 2013
Mock-up diagnostique Mock-up esthétique plan de traitement Plan de traitement esthétique Dr Laurie St-Pierre Dr Deborah S. Cobb Cirage diagnostique matrice silicone